Servo Turret--for Devantech SRF0x Ultrasonic Sensors
Complete with servo, just $16.95!
You get all the mechanical parts to make a compact and affordable servo-controlled rotating turret for the Devantech SRF0x family of ultrasonic ranging sensors. Just add the sensor module and you're off.
The assembly can be mounted using the supplied nylon standoffs, or with heavy-duty 3M Dual Lock reclosable fastener (also included). The turret works with both the SRF04 and SRF08 sensors. Also works with size-compatible sensors from Parallax and others!
The Devantech ultrasonic sensor is not included in the kit -- you can get it from a variety of dealers worldwide. Check out Devantech Limited for a list of distributors and dealers. The SRF04 retails for avout $25; the SRF08 between $50 and $60, depending on source. Pictured is the SRF08, which includes its own microprocessor for calculating distance. The Devantech sensors are very popular among amateur robot builders.
- Quality custom-made ABS plastic parts -- plastic won't "ring" at high frequencies like metal brackets can
- Rubber grommet shock mounts attach sensor board to the turret -- helps reduce microphonic interference
- Four nylon standoffs and a paper drilling template for attaching the servo to most any robot base
- Optional Dual Lock strips if you want a less permanent installation
- Standard-size Cirrus brand servo with Futaba-style splined hub, with universal 3-pin plug (can be used with Hitec/JR, Futaba-J, and Airtronics-Z style connectors)
- All assembly hardware
- Illustrated assembly instructions, with list of sensor sources
The servo turret can be mounted
to most any robot base.
Assembly is quick and easy with our illustrated building guide. The turret uses only mechanical construction -- no tapes or glues (except for the Dual Lock fastener strips, if you chose to use them). The turret can be fully disassembled. One unit can be shared among many students, who can take turns building it.
At the base of the servo, the turret measures 2-1/8" by 3/4". The rotating portion of the turret is 2" wide, 2-7/8" tall, and 1-1/4" deep (without sensor board attached). The entire unit, with servo and rotating turret, stands 3-1/2" tall. Weight with servo, all hardware, and sensor module is 2.8 ounces.